Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

13 reasons I am stressed...

1.) My husband is deployed.

2.) My taxes aren't filed only because the lady doing them is SO S-L-O-W and I could really spend some money on myself. (yes, I filed an extension)

3.) Time is standing still.

4.) I really need to get the A/C looked at in my car but I don't want to have to wait 40 minutes for him to run the stupid test.

5.) My husband is deployed.

6.) I need to decide on a birthday party for my almost 2 year old and I can't seem to make any adult decisions these days...

7.) I really want to get Ashlyn's room all designed up and I have no designer sense, patience, or skills in this area.

8.) I haven't transformed into a super model body while my deployed husband has been deployed.

9.) I have a ton of dental work that needs to be done and I need to wait 6 months so I can opt in for the better insurance plan and I really need to get some of the work done now.

10.) THE COST OF GASOLINE.

11.) Cost of retirement. I know, it's crazy, but I have increased my 401-K contributions twice in the last 2 months because I don't want to rely on Medicare and my children and I am afraid I will have to live in a nasty, run down nursing home because I won't be able to afford anything else.

12.) My life will turn upside down again in a couple of months. Even though I am so ready for David to be home, safe and sound, we will have to "re-do" our lives again to adjust to him being home. We quickly fell into a routine that works really well and it will be turned all catywampus when he gets home...but I know it's only for a little while.

13.) My husband is deployed.

2 comments:

Helen said...

I feel really bad about #2. On the bright side maybe you'll get it by Christmas and you won't have to worry about funds.

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I hope you got some fun me-time today. You deserve it!!