Monday, June 23, 2008

Big Girl Rooms


So Ashlyn (almost 9 going on 19) is getting a room makeover. Bless her little heart-she hasn't had much in the way of "decor" at all. Her choice is really teen like if you ask me. It's been a very s-l-o-w process getting her things all together, but we have finally made some progress. The bedding came in Saturday. We found her loft bed on Craigslist and Hobby Lobby has tons of pink, black and white stuff to accessorize. I spend a lot of time watching HGTV so we have decided to paint her existing furniture and even upgrade a few old things to look new again. I haven't decided if I am going to attack painting the room and furniture myself or wait until David gets back into town. We'll see how brave I am...

The picture from eBay...not her real room!


Zoomed in for detail...



Dayden's room got a tiny makeover too. I've been so undecided on bedding for her that I have decided not to decide until we convert her bed to the toddler stage (if I can remember where the instructions are...). I did do some rearranging and I bought her one of those really cute dollhouse bookshelves. I put it together myself I might add. It looks really cute and she LOVES to read and to be read to, so it's a perfect addition to her sweet lil room.

I'll update pics as we progress. Stop laughing...I will...eventually...

**As for B-man, his room was pretty much done when we moved it. It has a sports theme which is right up his alley. Hopefully we can get a few more things on the wall and all 3 kiddo's will be all set.

3 comments:

Helen said...

I was really impressed and thought you had decorated it yourself. I was going to ask if you could come over and do Elena's. Painting the furniture? Sounds like a great idea!!! I could do that!........if Scott isn't around.

Also, Allan is still in his crib. When do they stop sleeping in them? I don't remember. He isn't trying to climb out. I don't want him to grow up!!!

Marla said...

I'm with Helen...I thought the picture was what you did.

Gina said...

Haha! Ya'll are funny! I wish I some design sense..