Friday, June 13, 2008

Someone PLEASE help me!

As of right now there are 1,439 hours before David leaves Iraq.

Yep, this is my life on a Friday afternoon at quitting time. It could be worse I guess. I could be a drunk...which by the way...a nice glass of wine would probably do me some good right about now. He emailed yesterday that he had no time to email me. Yes, he really did. I love it that he can check in with me via email. But, I get really put out when it's just a line or two to tell me what's going on and that he's okay and that he isn't going to be able to chat. I want lots of words. Lots and lots of words. As I have mentioned before, I'm just losing patience. Don't get me wrong. I love the updates, but I really miss being his priority. Selfish, huh? Oh well, it's almost over.

BTW-I later found out he was in meetings all morning (our time) making their return plans. Now don't I feel like a jerk for being so needy??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! It's good to see that the "ticker" is down to one month and counting...you can do it! :) Libby

Marla said...

I know you don't consider us friends now but if it helps to come hang out with the crazy Watson house...call us.

Mommy said...

WOW .... I am the same exact way. Don't give me one liners, don't put me at the bottom of the totem pole ... yet, I know it is what he has to do.
Hang in there!