Monday, June 23, 2008

My New Motto

Tough times don't last but tough people do.

Only a couple of months left!

I've been checking airfare lately. David and I have decided I should go ahead and book our flight since we know the fares will only increase. We have a pretty good idea of when he will be home as they have reserved the venue for the homecoming event. I guess it's better to pay the change fee than to wait until the last minute to buy?? Does anyone have any suggestions on low fare websites? Military rates aren't any help and we will have to buy Dayden a ticket since she will be 2 yrs of age at the time of travel. At least I won't have to pay to check her carseat...(somehow I don't see that as a wash...) I am not a seasoned traveler so any suggestions / advice is greatly appreciated!!

Also, Dayden usually sleeps in a pack-n-play when we travel as she has never slept with me. (Pat on the back, b/c the other two did!) I really don't want to check that because it's heavier than the weight allowed and will cost me even more. Do hotels offer cribs? Is that gross?? Should I just pay for it?

3 comments:

Marla said...

Hotels should offer cribs at no charge. You can always look at orbitz, or priceline for cheaper airfare but sometimes it's not any cheaper than booking directly with the airlines. As long as you book 14 days in advance the airfare should be their lowest rate. After that the price goes up. Of course Southwest is always the cheapest if they fly to where you are going. Let me know what you find and maybe I can get people at church to donate money for the tickets.

Mommy said...

If you can fly Southwest Air - they never charge a change of flight fee. I take my 2 year old to my parents in Florida all of the time. He has been too big for the Pack and Play for quite some time. My Mom has been taking a twin mattress of the sofa bed and putting it on the floor. He loved the idea of a sleep over and if he "fell" out he wouldn't have far to go! Good luck ... so happy that your light at the end of the tunnel of starting to shine!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Let me know when you book so I have the dates down...the hotel cribs are usually fine. You may want to pack a blanket or little pillow from her bed at home, though, since the hotel sheet/mattress cover/etc. might feel a little weird to her!
Libby