Monday, January 7, 2008

Here we go....again!!




So my sister turned me on to the blog thing. She has been blogging for quite some time now and I check her blog almost daily to keep up with her and the goings on in her family. I have found it a very clever way for her to document the day to day life of being a mom to her six, yes s-i-x, kids. She does a great job, being mom (and the MILLION tasks that requires) and blogging, and I love being able to check on my nieces and nephews any time I want.

So I have decided to give it a try myself. While I can't promise to be funny, clever or interesting, I can try to keep this blog alive with the updates on my husband for you and updates on the kids for him while he is away. He leaves for Iraq in late January and is expected to be gone until the end of August. This is his 3rd tour to Iraq. He spent back to back tours in '03 and was gone for 14 months. Thankfully he is only supposed to be gone for eight months this time (cross your fingers) and will return home in one piece. He is a United States Marine and just recently celebrated his 20th year with the USMC!!

Okay...lets give some background. We have 6 children combined. His, mine and ours. 17, 11,10,8,8, and 18 months. (I know! I have no room to talk about my sister and her six kids right?) I work outside the home and, for the most part, lead a very boring life. Let's see what the next 8-9 months will bring us...and by the way...it will not be another baby!! ( I know you were thinking it!)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! I'm the first to comment?! YAY!

I am so glad you're doing this. Welcome to blogger-world!

MKHKKH said...

Welcome to the blog world! *Warning* It is addicting. I have been praying for your family. I amazed by your courage along with your husband's. You are both heros in my mind.
I look forward to reading your blog as I do your sister's.
May God bless you over these 8 months.
Katie

Gina said...

Thanks mkhkk!!

Steph said...

Welcome aboard! Yes, as Katie said, you will be addicted soon! I love reading Devin's blog, and am sure I will love yours too!

A GIANT thank you to you, your husband, and you family. I am so thankful for what you're doing.
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Gina, think you will enjoy blogging.I do not blog myself, but so look forward to hearing from Devin and the hour by hour, or day by day activities. Our prayers are with your family, and we certainly will be including a special prayer for David.

Keep the blogs coming....Granna (Nelda)

Anonymous said...

Hello my Friend, Good job on the blog. My nephew Josh is a Marine....I'll keep you in prayer. Love, Beatrice Salazar-Wise
Rosebud, TX

LindaJean said...

A million thanks to your husband and your whole family for the sacrifices you make on behaf of our country. I will keep you in my prayers.
Welcome to blogging! It is a fun way to keep a family diary :)

Annikke said...

Welcome to blogger world!

I enjoy reading Devin's blog and know I will enjoy reading yours too!
Thank you to your husband and your family for the many sacrifices made! Your family will be in my prayers!

Kisha said...

welcome to the blogging world. You will love it and plently of support while you are here