Thursday, January 10, 2008

From a friend...

SILENT PATRIOT

A woman for all seasons
A woman for today.
She grows to meet the challenges
And grows along the way.

Her life is not an easy one
With many loads to bear.
She proudly serves with her husband
Yet the uniform he wears.

Although she didn't take the oath
To preserve democracy
She's there each day on the home front
To keep our country free.

She's foreign-born or a country girl,
Diversity you will find.
But to be a Military wife
It takes a special kind.

She's one who keeps on going
Through adversity and pain.
She's the steady, strong foundation
When nothing stays the same.

She's the one who sheds a tear
As Old Glory passes by,
But couldn't give an answer
If you were to ask her why.

Throughout the years, she marches on
Through tears and joy and strife.
She's America's unsung hero-
She's a Military wife.
-Author Unknown

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Holy moly...that's powerful. I bet it makes you proud to read it, and if I were a military wife I think I'd have to read it everyday to remind myself of how wonderful I am! You are!

Unknown said...

I always new you were FABULOUS! Love you, sis!

MKHKKH said...

You are special indeed. I could never fill your shoes. Bless you during your tour of duty.