Tuesday, January 8, 2008



A friend told me today she thought a lot about me over the holidays. She had flown to be with her ailing father who just so happens to be a retired Marine. I have never met her dad, and with his failing health, I never will. After a conversation about military life and the hardships that are occasionally endured when you have a spouse that serves, a life he knew all too well, he shared this with her:

Tell Gina she is his lighthouse. It symbolizes the beacon of light that will show him the way home during this trying storm. That her light will shine brightly each day and night guiding him...until he has returned to her safely.

Thank you for those thoughts, sir. And thank you for your many, many years of service to our country. You are in my prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina,

My husband and I know Devin as we have 3 kids the same age with 2 of them in the same class at school. We love her blog and like you, read it almost daily!

We look forward to keeping updated on your husband and will be praying for you ALL every day.

My husband would like to know about your husband's encounters with the citizens of Iraq...what they're like and daily life.....when you can.

Also, I know the kids' school would be interested in sending a care package to your husband that he could share with his friends.

Let me know if he would be interested in something like that.

Blessings,

Kent & Shelley Sama
817-343-3881 Shelley's cell
or titlegoddess5@aol.com

Jenny said...

Welcome to the blog-o-sphere, Gina! The lighthouse quote was beautiful. Good luck with all the trials and tribulations ahead of you, and congrats on marrying an honorable man like your husband. We live in Dover, DE so we have air base folks around here and see the hardships of spouses being deployed. Tell him a sincere "thank you".

Jud said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. Sounds like you have a great and supportive family.

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family, and your husband.

Tell him that my family and I appreciate his service and many sacrifices he is making to keep us safe.