Thursday, May 1, 2008

Time is Standing Still


Well, we have somewhere around 3-4months left. I can't tell you exactly, because I don't know exactly. I can tell you that David should be back in the states by September. There is a LOT of planning, travel and debriefing that will go on and even if I had a date it would change 100 times before he actually leaves there and gets here...as in home...like in our house.


For some reason, time is standing still. It feels like we were moving right along and all of a sudden I hit a brick wall. It feels like everything is in super s-l-o-w----m-o and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because we have hit a midway point on his actual time in in the sand box. I thought that once we got to this point I would start to feel rushed and hurried because I haven't accomplished all that I had hoped to while he is gone. (New body, new decor throughout the house, debt free, new body-or did I already say that?) Or maybe because I am SO READY for him to be home I just think it's slowed down. I don't know. Is it because the days are longer, literally, with the time change? Is it because Dayden just keeps getting older and smarter and is advancing so quickly with everything and I am so upset he has missed so many of her milestones? Maybe it's just because I have had it in my mind so long that once we reached this point time would race past and the day would be here.

It's like when your pregnant

and you feel-SO-pregnant

and all you want is for the baby to be out, and to have your body back, but you know your baby isn't really ready to be born, but everyone around you is skinny and you can't sit right and (take a deep breath) your ankles are the size of tree stumps and you breathe like that scary creepy guy Devin talks about and none of your maternity clothes fit anymore and (sigh heavily and take one more breath...) you're really tired of the granny panties and so sick of everyone asking..."how much longer do you have???!".

(Now take a really, really deep breath.)

I'm in a hurry up and wait/holding pattern and it's making me NUTS.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh...I'm frustrated for you.

Helen said...

O.K. ur the only person I know who was expecting and STILL looked skinny & had nl ankles. U must b talking bout someone else.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? He'll b home b4 u know it.

Ur missing him cause ur not here working w/ ur friends.