Wednesday, May 21, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER!

Happy Birthday Devin! I hope you have an incredible day.

Growing up, I did everything in my power to do the complete opposite of you. I gave you the hardest time when we were younger and for no apparent reason (guess I was evil?). I know you dreaded the times Mom left you in charge because that's when I would really give you heck.

Man, I really wish I had paid more attention and listened to your sisterly advice.

You have accomplished so much from the day you were "dethroned" and had to share Mom and Dad. Thank you for always being there-especially when I made it so hard for you. I realize, now, that all I really wanted was to be just like you (but would have NEVER admitted it). Thank you for being the best big sister a little sister could ever ask for!!


p.s. Thank you for marrying Jimmy...because I still have nightmares of the 7th grade when he would kiss me on the cheek in the lunchroom and tell everyone that if you didn't marry him, he was gonna marry me!! I really believed that, you know!!

2 comments:

Helen said...

That is so sweet!

Unknown said...

Gina,
Thank you so much for the beautiful post. It is the sweetest thing ever...now I'm all weepy!!