Sunday, April 13, 2008

Special Thanks

David's dad has been so kind to make sure the yard is kept up while David is gone. While I promise his dad that I can do it, I just didn't have a mower to do it with. The one we had didn't work any longer and David had such short notice before deployment that he wasn't able to get to the hardware store to purchase one. So...since September his dad has done it for me. Mel even had to ask our neighbor to borrow his mower TWICE while his dad was out of town.

Well, after the all the spring like days my yard was looking like a jungle. I knew his dad had his own yard to worry about and the last thing I want for him to do is worry about mine too. So, I asked Chad if I could borrow his mower. I had it all planned out. I would mow while the baby was sleeping and if it took 2 days, then so be it. Chad was kind enough to let me borrow his mower. He even loaded it in the truck for me.

Saturday morning I woke up and thought through my plan. I went to search for the gas cans and noticed a stranger was mowing the grass on the perimeter of my fence. Now, I don't know this man, and I don't think he knows my situation. I think he was so tired of the weeds that he decided to help me out a little. Then, David's dad called and told me he was on his way to tend to the yard. He didn't even come to the door. He just started mowing and weed eating.

Okay, I know this is long and boring, so here is the best part. After he finished all of the yard work, he showed me our new mower!! Yep! He bought us a mower and it works great. I am so thankful. Now I can mow my yard and not have to bother anyone else to do it. And the even better part is...it has an electric start. I can start my push mower with a key!! (Dad, I know you are disappointed, but please know that I can still pull start a mower.) Thanks Mike!!

3 comments:

Kisha said...

Oh that was so sweet of him!!!!

Helen said...

Yeah, Ricky has to start the mower for me the one or two times I've had to use it. My isn't fancy schmancy like yours.

Unknown said...

What a great guy!