Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Precious Moments




David emailed this picture today. He was out on patrol and saw these two girls. They were hungry and asked him for food. He was so upset by their request he returned to the FOB where the Marines are and got them some food. In this picture he is throwing candy to them. You can imagine how delighted they were. He brought back enough for them to take and share with their sisters.




They have red hair! He said it was heart wrenching...especially since he has a red head right here at home waiting for him to make it back safely. (He is such a softie when it comes to lil girls...i mean we have 5!!)


**And yes, I asked him how he knew it was safe. We have all heard how the enemy will use women and children. He says I shouldn't worry and that these little girls are very sweet. But the barbed wire kinda ruins it for me...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That really is another world.

Helen said...

O.k.what's a FOB? The acronym I know is Father of Baby. I'm glad you cleared up and asked about safety. I was thinking the same thing, about trusting the girls. It's unfortunate our minds went in that direction.

Kisha said...

It's a shame that things are that bad and we are still worried about whether or not they are going oto blow us sup. But I am glad that he is still safe.

Annikke said...

I'm glad your husband has a soft heart, but I was wondering about the safety thing too. I am thankful to your husband.