Saturday, April 12, 2008

Final Commute




Well, my last day in Irving was Friday. As I made the last commute I began to think back on the great times I have had working there and how each practice has grown. I started to think about the decision, and while I have always been sure, there was that moment of sadness when you realize that you will not see the same faces every day.


The commute seemed to be a little faster than normal. Maybe everyone took the day off to work on cleaning up the mess the "tornadoes" had caused. Great! A perfect start to my last day. There was lots to do and any extra time would be aprreciated....AAHHH,NO! Over my AM station, yes...AM, came the traffic report. (Did I ever mention that I get the FM stations about 25% of the time?) Accident on west bound George Bush!! Damn it! There was at least a 45 minute backup. Now, I am truly sorry for the motorcylist that was injured in the accident and had to be Care Flighted to the nearest hospital...but really, when I heard that report I knew I had no regrets!!
Can you see the disgust on my face??

2 comments:

Marla said...

Robert was stuck in the same traffic. Glad your commute will be better now.

Helen said...

Nice pic!