Thursday, September 4, 2008

THE TIME HAS COME!!!

Finally the announcement we had all been waiting for. I can only equate the cheering to a rock concert and the big act has just taken stage. There were tears, chanting, yelling, and cheering as the curtains opened and our heroes walked in. They marched in, in formation, and the crowd went nuts!! Dayden was none to pleased with the noise. I immediately found David as he was standing out in front of the Marines. The funny thing is, all I could see was the back of his head. From the bottom of his cover to the top of his collar. I knew immediately it was my Marine. He made an about face, and while waiting for dismissal, our eyes locked and that was all she wrote.

I cannot begin to describe the feeling one has when the love of your life returns from war. You spend day after day praying for their safe return. You push away the most unthinkable thoughts and you dream/daydream of the moment you are reunited and you can finally take a long, deep breathe.

Dayden Michaela was immediately in love with her daddy all over again. She hugged him so big. It was as if he was never away. He has missed 1/2 of her life, and yet you would have never known it by the way she embraced him. We feared she may not be too receptive. But, being the lil angel she is, she checked him out like a momma monkey grooming her young. She checked his hair, made sure he had both ears, grabbed his face with both hands and gave him the most loving looks you can imagine a daughter has for her father. She didn't let him go. Daddy was finally home...

(click on the picture for a better view-i don't have the ability to re size or edit photos right now)





11 comments:

Kisha said...

I'm crying just from reading this.

Unknown said...

I'm totally sobbing over here. Too sweet.

Marla said...

Those pictures of David and Dayden are toooo cute.

Helen said...

How touching! I remember all the emotion from greeting all the Marines at the airport when Amber came home the first time and that was at DFW! What a great and well deserved reception to come home to.

Anonymous said...

Gina,
I soooo cant wait for
david to come home. I miss him sooooooooo much, he wont e-mail me back!! Well tell him I love him!!!!
TTYL,
Rea-Rea

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed you held it together (at least looking at your pictures!!)....I think I would have looked like a blubbering mess, but you look like a rock star! So glad Dayden was so excited, too...that little memory is sharp!
Libby

Anonymous said...

Wow, am I crying!!!
Thank you for all of the sacrifices you and your Marine made for us. Hold him tight.

LindaJean said...

Hello Dayden! Your daddy is our hero, too! Tell him Thank You for serving our country! We are so thankful he is safely back in the U.S. Have a good time with your dad!

TiffanyB said...

Thank you for serving our country. Our family can never say enough thanks for the sacrifices of David and your family.

Amanda said...

I came over from Devin's blog to sneek a peak and now I've got tears poring down my face.

Thank you to your family for letting your Daddy go off to fight for this country! I'm so glad he's home!

Annikke said...

Yes, your daddy is everyone's hero! I read this blog often but don't always comment. Please tell Daddy David that my family thanks him and thinks of him often! I am glad he is home!