Thursday, October 16, 2008

Kohl's Trip

Night before last as I was "assisting" David in his final garage clean up phase- I found a box of his clothes. ( The man has way too many clothes and wears the same few ones all the time!) Well, in this box was 4 pair of brand new slacks that we had bought from Kohl's as he had plans to start a new job. They were even still in the bag with all the tags attached.

(A little history: the day we signed on our new home David got a call that his unit was being activated/deployed. O.M.G. And just a few weeks earlier had been offered a job which would require training in California for only GOD knows how long. So, he was in the middle of making an employment decision, buying a house and being deployed. Needless to say, he decided to leave the post office and pursue this other opportunity. But before he ever got out there to actually get HIRED-he got called out on active duty.) **PLEASE PRAY FOR US!! My husband will be officially unemployed as of the end of the month!!

Anywho, we didn't have a receipt but we had all the tags attached so we went to return them. Why? you ask...because this deployment offered a full gym and an almost 24 hr chow hall...and how do I say--he--ummm-gained a little weight and those slacks just weren't gonna work.

Well, typically I let David work his magic on the ladies and he gets his way 99% of the time. But for some reason, he wanted me to do it. So, with a little weight gain humor and the use of my precious red headed yet didn't get a nap all day 2 yr old, we walked away with the 2 exchanges and credit for the others!! (He's still gotta have slacks that fit...for church ya know!) Yay Kohl's!! You are still my husband favorite store!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I can't believe they took them back like that, or exchanged them! I was just there this morning and hit their 70% off racks. I love that store too.

Oh, and I saw LOTS of Dora and Diego clearanced in the toys section...FYI.

Mommy said...

omg - TOTALLY sounds like my husband's belly!!! ;)