Thursday, October 30, 2008

"I'm sorry I painted Mommy!"

O.M.G.!!!

What happens when you go to the restroom and leave your 2.3 year old to her Dora DVD???

She gets your purse off of the kitchen counter (which you strategically place to deter any little people from rummaging thru it for gum, pens, etc...) and decides to "paint" all over herself and your very light beige carpet with your LIPSTICK!!!

I really wish I had thought to take before and after pictures. But, I was so completely and utterly taken aback I didn't even think about it. I ran straight to the computer to google "lipstick out of carpet". Who cared about the "war paint" on her face? Or the lovely "painted" wallet and checkbook I now have?

...and Daddy? Oh! Daddy just thought it was funny! "Don't worry about the carpet-I'll get it out." Really?!? Did you happen to develop magic powers while in Iraq???

Thanks to Google I found out that nail polish remover has a pretty decent chance of getting it out. Who knew it would take 2 bottles!! Yep, that's how much she "painted".

Perhaps the overwhelming smell of the remover is why it never occurred to me to take pictures...

Needless to say, the "paint" is mostly gone. You can certainly tell where it was...but not like before. I would recommend the nail polish remover but definitely open a window!!

Just before I finished blotting out the last little bit Dayden runs to me and says:
"I sorry I paint on the carpet Mommy. I not do it anymore! (insert huge please don't spank me smile here.)"

**Did I mention that I HATE lipstick?? I only carry one color. I only use it for special occasions and it's a pencil. You can imagine how I cussed myself for even having it in my purse since I wear it maybe twice a year!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, NOOOOOO!! Has Baby Dayden been taking private lessons from cousins Hayden and Landon? I promise I didn't know. LOL!

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

Ut Oh.....I remember when my son did some war paint all over himself with my eyeliner and lipstick. Luckily it was only all over himself and not the carpet.

Helen said...

What about club soda?

Not long ago, Allan got a hold of mine and he had it all around his mouth. Didn't take pics though, cause Daddy wouldn't be happy.

Mommy said...

OMG!!!!! The FIRST thing I thought of doing was typing into Google (too funny!) ... I have been there before! (Our last episode was bites out of each and every corn muffin (8 total) just to make sure they were "good'!!!!!