Monday, August 4, 2008

PRESSURE, PRESSURE-PUT IT ON HER (from my cheerleading days...)

Oh my, the pressure is on.

Sigh.

I have been in my house almost a year and David has never even lived here. He painted, he installed appliances, he mowed, he hung stuff up, he moved box after box, he cut down a tree, he programmed new garage door openers, he moved pieces of furniture that really should've been a 2-3 man job...

...and he has no idea where his underwear drawer is much less the silverware drawer.

I have slowly been able to make this house a home. Some things I put off because I thought I needed help, other things I put off simply because, well, why do it now when I have a year to get it together?? Well guess what? That time is now and I am way, way, waaaayy behind the power curve.

Is it sad that I haven't even unpacked most of his stuff? I mean-his shoes are still in a box. It started out being too hard to tackle the job. Not physically hard-emotionally hard. I guess I wanted as few reminders of his absence as possible. To unpack things that wouldn't be used seemed useless and such a slap in the face since he wasn't going to be needing them anytime soon... and now the poor man will have to come home to a box of shoes and "where did you put my underwear?"!! Now for those of you who know my husband, he wears the same thing every day. I mean it...e-v-e-r-y day. Just ask any of the kids. We give him such a hard time. But, the man has more clothes than most women I know. Thankfully most of those are on hangers and collecting dust just as they do when he is home.

Sigh.

So, here's a recap of my weekend. Woke up Saturday and drove to JCPenney to get Dayden's pictures, bought cute lil summer stuff for the kids for $1.97/piece. Went home and put the baby to bed. Put together the sofa bed in Ashlyn's room so her sisters have a comfy place to sleep. Hung more pictures in the kitchen. Hung shelves, mirror and pictures in Bailey's room. Hung chandelier, mirror, bulletin board and pictures in Ashlyn's room. Hung cute little decorations in Dayden's room. Stripped the border out of the kids bathroom. Washed the Expedition (outside only), and cleaned out and re-organized the linen closet. (Yes, I threw it all in there a year ago!) Not sure if I mentioned everything, but you get the idea.

All I hear in my rattled little head is..."Pressure, Pressure-Put it on her" over and over again.

Oh my, so little time...

...and I am so excited!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job! Isn't it nice to look around and see things looking so put together? We need pictures of your progress!

Marla said...

I think as long as David is home with you he won't care where his underwear is or what the house looks like!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how motivating pressure is?? Mine is obviously not the same situation AT ALL, but I am so feeling the "I have to go back to work/school in 12 days!!!!". I completely emptied/took apart/washed out the refrigerator today....guess I can check that off until next summer! :) Can't wait to see the kids' rooms!
Libby