Thursday, August 21, 2008

Homecoming Reunion


Well, I'm off. Off to the windy city of Chicago to welcome home my husband. I cannot tell you how excited I am this time is finally here. This deployment was much shorter than the last one but this time we have our lil Dayden. It has a slightly different feel to it with our little addition. I haven't truly slept in days. Well, the night David called and said he was safe and sound in California I slept really, really hard. But ever since I have been too excited to rest! You cannot imagine the sense of relief when your husband makes it back safely from the war. Our relationship continues to grow stronger and stronger and you realize just how much you love each other when you are separated by war and have to deal with the reality that you may never see the love of your life again. How lucky am I? I am married to the love of my life and he has successfully completed another deployment...

My mom, father-in-law, Dayden and myself will all be there to welcome him home and spend some much needed family time together. The older kids have school so they will welcome him home in Texas. I AM NOT taking my laptop-as I will be WAY to preoccupied getting reacquainted with my husband. We shall return in Sept-but David will most likely have to remain in Chicago for a short time to square the last few things away before heading home. I'll take as many pictures as I can and tell you all about it when I get back.
Man, I'm such a sissy la-la...the tears are already starting and I am SO NOT a crier!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't WAIT to hear about it all! Give David a hug from me!

Unknown said...

Hey, I left you an award on my blog!