Monday, August 18, 2008

One commin'-One goin'


My sister, Devin, dropped her eldest child off at college last week...


I cannot imagine what she must feel right now. So many emotions must be swimming through her head. Now, I think I have had some tough good-byes, but I think this would have to trump mine. It's one thing to say good bye to your spouse, but another to say good bye to your baby. It doesn't matter how old your "baby" gets...they are still your baby. Now, I am very certain that Sutton went off to college with anything and everything she needs-and I'm not talking about dorm room decor and a map of the city. I KNOW this young lady is well prepared for this next chapter in her life and I KNOW that her mom and Jimmy have made every effort to prepare her for this next step. I wish I had all the right things to say to my older sister to help her through this "transition", but I don't, so she'll have to settle for just letting me listen if she needs me to. I remember when she left for college...and the pictures on her post take me back to that same day. I can still remember the somber ride home-and getting her room wasn't all that awesome after that good bye.


Sutton-I am so proud of you. You will certainly continue to do great things and I hope you spike it down their faces each time you go up to hit!!


Devin-I send happy thoughts your way and many, many prayers of strength to help you adjust to your changed home.


Sooo...our family has such a whirlwind of events happening! We finally get David home and the first grandchild heads off to college. Whew! Oh, and did I mention Sutton was born my senior year in high school?!? Getting old SUCKS!!!!!! Can somebody say "XANAX!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You ROCK as a sister! Thank you for the sweet post and the support. I go on faith just as you have done. We'll just keep praying for each other, okay?