Thursday, April 16, 2009

Where has time gone??

Okay, so I admit that I haven't kept my promise of blogging on a regular basis. I have no exuses. Quite honestly-nothing has really changed in my life that can validate my behavior. David is no longer deployed, and hasn't been since August, but in November he moved to California for a civilian job and he is S-T-I-L-L there. So, basically eveything is the same, only I don't worry as much about him being mortared, shot at or the like. Nope! Now, I worry about him getting bombed, doing shots and the like...nah-just kidding.
But seriously, it's getting old. It's one thing to have your hubby deployed to a war zone and a completely "other" thing to have him in the states and not at home. When he is deployed there is an end date. There is his safety to be concerned with on a much higher level than your everyday concern, and there is a mindset that you go in to so that you can make it thru each day until the end date.
He isn't deployed on a military mission, but to me he is still deployed. Only this deployment isn't for 7 months or 14 months. It's open ended. There is no end date in sight. What's worse? The economy. So he'll have to keep his hiney right where he is until they move him home, or he decided to look for a job in Tx. Really-this isn't a good time to make any employment changes. The bills are getting paid...so I guess I'll just continue to suck it up. It's not forever...right??
On a happier note-his boss sent me a new laptop!! So, I guess I can hold out a little longer. AND I can try and blog more often...now that I don't have that computer excuse anymore!!
Ugh...at least Dayden and I are headed to Cali in May for about 5 days and we hope to take all the kids in July. Do you know how much it costs to fly all of our kids to Cali?? Jeez...I need to get my pilot license...

No comments: